Monday, September 19, 2016

Feedback Focus

I enjoyed practicing with these different methods.  I think all three can really be used together in different ways to help with whatever you are trying to accomplish.

The most effective focus technique for me was the "Copy and Delete" option.  I’m shocked at how helpful it was.  It didn't take too much effort but really helped me zoom into the story and recall detailed information.  I will definitely be using this technique, not inly in this class but my others as well.

I also found that reading aloud helped me to focus as well.  Hearing my own voice say what I was reading in my head helped to dial me in.  I have used this technique before and it has proven to be very helpful.  Sometimes I will have a reading assignment that I do not find interesting and I find my thoughts wandering so much that I do not know what I read in the last page.  Reading aloud helps to stop the wandering thoughts.  

Finally, the timer technique was interesting.  I don't think it was as helpful for me as the others but maybe paired with the others I will find it more useful.  I was surprised at how much I could accomplish in the 10 minutes of allotted time.  It definitely helped put things into perspective.  Its easy to have a reading assignment take 25 minutes when in reality it would only take 10 if I maintained focus.  It is a good motivation tool.

(Inspirational quote, found on Flickr.)

Image Note: I chose this image because it summarized how I feel about the importance of focusing on the readings.  A lot of times we focus on just getting the reading assignment done but my zeroing in on the material and truly focusing on what we are reading, we will enjoy the assignment more than if we just read it to get it over with.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment