Sunday, November 20, 2016

Famous Last Words: The End of a Great Journey

As I finish up my last few edits for my storybook and catch up on all my reading, it finally hit me that I am done with this class. I figured it would be fitting to have my last entry be "Famous Last Words." This class has become one of my most favorite classes I have ever taken. The subject material was exactly what I was hoping it would be and the structure of the class helped me create a course specifically to what I was wanting.

My understanding of the traditional epics has greatly improved and it has connected me with the side of India I had yet to learn about. Since this class began, I started catching cultural references to the Ramyana and the Mahabharata in everyday life and my other classes. I read an article about the political propaganda in India circulating which likened PM Modi to Rama and his opponent to Ravana. It was such a great feeling to see the poster and completely understand the implications.

I am so incredibly proud of my Storybook. I included a lot of features that weren't required just because I was getting so into the project and I wanted the website to be as realistic as possible. Now that it is finally complete, I can't wait to show my family my completed work, (and maybe teach them about Indian Epics on the way.) I think my favorite story was the two part story of Parvati and Shiva. The entire time I was adapting other people’s love stories and having Parvati give the advise but it was fun taking a step back and looking at her own love life and what got her to where she is today.

I am so incredibly thankful I took this class and am sad it is coming to a close. This class reminded me how much I love creative writing. I think I might start a blog all on my own to keep this creativity flowing. Goodbye Epics of India. It was a great semester.

Namaste

SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Great final post! I agree that this class was so much fun to take this semester. It was so well organized and a fun, creative break from my other classes. I really enjoyed the stories of yours that I read this semester. You definitely have something to be proud of! It is so fun that we have these completed projects to walk away from this class with and show off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy that we're two weeks away from being finished with classes? I like how you talked about wanting to share Indian epics with your family, because I feel the same way. It has been amazing reading all of the stories, especially since we're not exposed to them in our everyday life. On another note, you storybook is so creative and you should be very proud of it. Glad this class has been fun for you :)

    ReplyDelete