Thursday, August 18, 2016

Coffee Around the World: My Favorite Places

I feel most at peace when I have a warm mug in my hands and the smell of fresh pressed coffee fills the room around me.  I love the feeling of the soft leather couches in a dimly lit coffee house and the calming white noise of people chatting away at the tables throughout the small rooms.  No matter where I am in the world, my favorite place is the local coffee shop.
(Image Information: free stock photo from Pexels.com; image taken November 25, 2015 )


I visited family in Istanbul, Turkey a few years ago and was introduced to Turkish Coffee.  Although it was incredibly strong, the flavor overshadowed any bitterness.  And how can you feel bitter with a view like this?
(Image Information: personal photo of Turkish Coffee taken in Istanbul Turkey;
photo from April 2014.)

This summer I had the opportunity to travel to Arezzo, Italy for a study abroad program with OU. The thing I am going to miss the most about Arezzo is my daily walk to Coffee O'Clock.  I have never had such amazing coffee in my life and it has forever ruined Starbucks for my taste buds.
(Image Information: personal photo of Coffee O'Clock in Arezzo, Italy;
photo from June 2016.)

Finally, I must include my favorite coffee shop in my home state of New Mexico.  Technically this isn't coffee, it's actually "sipping chocolate" but the experience is the same.  I live in Albuquerque but I get myself up to Santa Fe about once a month, and a trip to Santa Fe isn't successful unless I have stopped at the Kakawa Chocolate House.  It is a two room adobe house on the side of the road and upon stepping inside the turquoise door, time seems to slow.  The aroma of the coffee and chocolate heating with the rich New Mexico spices is enough to satisfy all senses. 







SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Wow, McKenzie, that photo from Istanbul is beautiful — it is picture-postcard perfect! And sipping chocolate with Mexican spices, OH, that sounds soooooo good. Of course India is famous for its chai, and with the right combination of spices and sweetness, that can be pretty delectable also. Usually reading these favorite places posts makes me want to go buy a plane ticket... but luckily your post makes me want to just go make a very nice coffee with my husband's fancy espresso machine (new this summer).

    Meanwhile, your post looks lovely: text, images, layout, formatting, paragraphs, bolding... there can be so much visual appeal when writing for the web, and I hope you will enjoy that aspect of this class.

    And now.......... I NEED COFFEE. :-)

    ReplyDelete