Sunday, August 28, 2016

Starting the Semester with a Bullet Journal

I am compulsive about organizing! I tend to have 2-3 different planners filled with different reminders on top of the calendar app on my phone.  I used to go overboard.  Now I use what is called a "Bullet Journal".  This organizational tool helps me keep every reminder and plan in one place.  It is something I can change and shape to fit my own personal schedule and organizing needs.  You can personalize it so it best fits your way of keeping up with all of your "to-do's".

Personally, I like having one page with all of my tasks and reminders on it.  I split it up so I have all of my daily habits on one side, like working out, eating healthy, drinking water, taking medicine, etc. on one side and all of my appointments, homework, and reminders for the week on the other side.  I recreate this layout every weekend, keeping the habits the same but adjusting the reminders to fit the specific week.  The beautiful thing about the Bullet Journal is that if you want to do something completely different you can.  I always get stuck buying planners that don't fit my needs.  The boxes for individual days are too small they have no place to add reminders not relating to school, so that is why I usually have 2-3 planners to fit each need.  Now I only have one bullet journal and it's the layout I want.

Here are some examples of other people's Bullet Journals:


(John Uhri's personal Bullet Journal taken on April 29, 2016, found on flickr.)

(Pullet Journal example by Taz and Belly taken on June 2, 2015, found on flickr.)

3 comments:

  1. I actually have been using the bullet journal method without knowing it! I love this type of format because, exactly, you get to choose how it looks and is presented. PLUS it's way cheaper than a nice planner! It's so much more effective if I write out my to do list for the whole week in a bullet point manor (listing what needs to be done first). I'm going to look more into this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the need for organization; I've been described by my friends as a slave to my Google Calendar, which I use to both plan out my day and to keep track of all my to-dos. I use a lot of different devices for different things, so I enjoy Google Calendar's ability to sync across platforms. I'm glad you've found something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bullet journaling!! It's how I got through my first two years of college. Unfortunately this year my commitments have become a bit too much for my little moleskine to handle so I've switched to a large ban.do agenda and google calendar, but bullet journaling will always be my first love. I'm so happy that you've found a system that's working for you; planner peace is hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete