Monday, October 24, 2016

Famous Last Words: Making Anything into a Love Story

I think these past few weeks have taught me that anything can be made into a love story. Maybe that's the hopeless romantic within me, but I really do think its possible. This past week I tested my theory out with the story of the cannibal sister. Yes, the title of the story was really called "The Cannibal Sister" and I made it into a story of lost love and confusion. I enjoyed looking deeper into the character's thoughts and finding that this evil monster might not really be so evil. Every villain can be a good guy, you just have to change the perspective of the story, and that's what I did with this rendition and I'm quite proud of it. I look forward to the future weeks when I can read even more stories and find the love stories buried deep within. It’s a fun challenge and I believe it brings great results. So far, I might find this to be my favorite storybook entry.

Looking back on my storybook as a whole, I am creating stories with different formats for the storybook. I really hope it flows well and makes sense so I will be looking for feedback in the future on whether the different formats is confusing or works well with the storybook. I want my storybook to really look like a real website with different portals and aspects and I also want to illustrate the different aspects of a counseling service so I hope that the different formats do that for me.

Next week I want to explore a story with a couple that is dating. I have already written advise to a married couple, I have already written a story about a single girl. Now I’m ready for a couple who is about to get married but needs advice on how to prepare for married life. I read someone’s story in our class that made me think “Wow, Parvati needs to help this couple” So now I just need to go on a hunt and remember who’s story that was!

I have enjoyed making anything and everything into a love story and I can't wait to finish the class doing so. 
(Making anything into a love story is like putting a bandaid on a broken heart.  Found on Pixabay.)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've seen your storybook yet! I'll have to check it out! I feel you when it comes to settling into themes of stories. Looking back, I rewrote all of the women! I wish that I would have decided to make a portfolio, because I could have been pretty successful with those revisions. Oh well. I'm a little nervous about the flow of my storybook, too. They're difficult!
    (Also, I love your picture caption!)

    ReplyDelete